Wardley activates rematch clause vs. Dubois
2026. május 17.

Wardley activates rematch clause vs. Dubois

Fabio Wardley (20-1-1, 19 KOs) has decided to activate the rematch clause to face Daniel Dubois (23-3, 22 KOs) for the second time.

Wardley lost his WBO World heavyweight title against Dubois on May 9 in Manchester. Wardley was stopped in round eleven, in a brutal fight. He dropped Dubois twice in that fight. Shortly after the fight, promoter Frank Warren said that rematch clause is in contract.

"Queensberry can confirm that Fabio Wardley has activated the rematch clause following his defeat in last week's WBO world title fight against Daniel Dubois at the Co-op Live in Manchester," a statement said.

"All parties will now work towards a rematch of their fight of the year contender for later in 2026."