
Fury says that Joshua fight ‘doesn’t look like it’s going to happen’
Tyson Fury (36-2-1, 25 KOs) claims that the long awaited fight against Anthony Joshua (30-4, 27 KOs) “doesn’t look like it’s going to happen”.
While the date in November seems to have been agreed, the sticking point is where the fight will take place. Fury and Joshua have signed separate contracts with Saudi Arabian – owned organizers Sela.
Fury beat Mariusz Wach and Joshua rose from the canvas twice to knock out Kristian Prenga last month.
Joshua’s promoted Eddie Hearn has repeatedly insisted their deal includes a clause for fight to be staged in the UK, but Sela’s preference is Madison Square Garden in New York.
A frustrated Fury took to Instagram on Friday and said: "It doesn't look like they're going to sign the fight. It doesn't look like it's going to happen. All because Eddie Hearn and that want more money.
"All this talk of wanting the fight in England, we want this we want that, it's only to get more money to go to America.
"I've bent over backwards to make this fight happen. First of all it was in England, then it was in Ireland, then it was in America, I said I'll go anywhere.
"I'm not interested where the fight is, I just want the fight, I'm match fit, I'm ready to rock and roll, baby. If you [Joshua] don't want to get it on I'll fight somebody else in November."
Hearn told iFL on Thursday that he and Joshua are amenable to fighting Stateside in order to attempt to attract a bigger audience with broadcasters Netflix, but only if their conditions are met.
Sela has been sent a list of addenda from Hearn, who revealed an increased payment would need to be made to Joshua in light of the tax ramifications of fighting in America. Other issues center on travel, accreditation and the media schedule.
"We are being asked to change a contract we signed," Hearn said on Thursday. "We've done nothing wrong. We signed a contract for Anthony Joshua to fight in the UK, we expect that to happen."